I could get the hang of this Healthy Instant Breakfast thing. Seriously!
Kefir Peach Overnight Oats. My new addiction. Easy to digest. Delicious! Fast. Filling. Instant. HELLO!
AND KID-FRIENDLY. Need to get your kids out the door quickly? Send them with breakfast ALREADY MADE. Already in its own travel jar. It would work just fine in a school lunch, also.
This version is kind of a cross between “Overnight Oats” and “Muesli”, as I use a cultured milk product instead of plain milk. I don’t refrigerate overnight, either. The acid in the kefir or yogurt helps breakdown the phytic acid on the oats and increase its digestibility massively. If you can’t digest yogurt then use a coconut yogurt or add some type of acid to the vegan milk or water, like a squeeze of lemon juice, and leave on the counter.
And honestly…as far as my overnight oats obsession goes — these Peach Overnight Oats are the top of the list.
Kefir Peach Overnight Oats
- EQUIPMENT: 1 500ml wide-mouthed jar + lid
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 probiotic capsule (optional)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup plain kefir OR yogurt + milk
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Add oats, chia and cinnamon to the jar and combine. Pour contents of the probiotic capsule into the oats, if using.
- Add kefir and stir well.
- Heat ghee up in a small pan on the stove over medium heat. Add peaches and gently cook until they thaw and release some juice. Then add the honey to liquify a little.
- Add the peaches and its juices to the jar, along with the vanilla. Combine well.
- Place a lid on the jar and leave on the counter overnight. It’ll be ready to consume the moment you wake up. Yum.